What is the regulatory requirement?
- Sole traders and partnerships need to file accounts figures as part of their self-assessment tax returns, which have to be submitted by 31st January following the end of the relevant tax year.
- Accounts that are a separate document from the tax return are only necessary when required, for example, by lenders.
- The accounts should comply with accounting standards.
Why use Slade & Cooper for accounts preparation?
- We always strive to ensure that our accounts are accurate – for example reconciling the payroll to the accounts and checking for accruals and prepayments.
- Having your accounts prepared by an accountant gives readers of the accounts more confidence.
- We will advise you regarding any VAT or PAYE compliance issues or any issues regarding your governance or financial procedures that become apparent during the preparation of the accounts.
- We aim to provide a good value service – see our pricing policy.